Sunday 31 May 2009

Sick Bay 2009, Part 1

Day 2 of ridiculous return of Swine. I don't think I have swine flu or anything- in fact I think I have spontaneous strep throat. I was feeling sore throat-y on Thursday. Jay came home from school sick on Friday. GREAT show Friday night but very lackluster post-performance behavior from yours truly as I fought the threat of SORER throat. Got home and warned Nannyland that the Hamptons may not be happening for yours truly and heard that Jay was even sicker at that point. And yesterday? Yesterday SUCKED. My throat hurt sooo much that even the Halls of Medicine couldn't help. Strepsils failed! Strepsils never fail- it's why I import them. I called in Dr. Eunice who is convinced she herself has the swine (though as a doctor who recently treated some Fleet Week Swine sailors- she actually has it. Bless)... She called in a Z pack and I am patiently awaiting it to kick in. I hit the sack immediately post-Harper's Island.

This morning, I was up at dawn. I had had this crazy dream that I was in charge of the physical education program for a school run by the mob and had to make a cake for the Mob Boss who was also my lover. I had to steal cake batter in the middle of the night. And Shaun Francis was in it. Weird. Needless to say- gargle, tea, Chloroseptic and two Strepsils later... I was back in bed with Maria Mena and Klondike on the iPod counting the minutes. (The minutes until the antibiotics kicked in- still counting, btw).

So, because I need something else to focus on... as it is only a short leap from hoping these tears will cool my Throat of Fire to thinking about how they haven't helped the ache in my heart in these past 364 days... I am "twitterblogging" my day. I don't twitter. Whatevs. But I will be hopelessly annoying today!! Who's the lucky reader?!
Cups of Tea? 5
Skinny Cow Ice Cream treats? 1
Hours of Bad TV? 2
Minutes Since I started Z Pack? 942

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the 'Emergen-C'???? Drink it up!!!Wish I could bring you chicken soup:-( ox your mother

anne altman said...

doodle and i hope you get it together soon. oink oink

ps i hear pina coladas soothe a sore throat