Friday 8 May 2009

The Fashion NO!

At some point I may regret this post... I took back the fun I poked at Cardioke. I watched that Oprah show with Maddy's parents and though I still would not have made the choices they made that night three years ago in Portugal, my heart bleeds for them.

But right now- WTF Bravo? I know you are mad that you lost the Project Runway to Lifetime but The Fashion Show should be called Project Run AWAY! Scamper, show. Scamper. On the New York Magazine Approval Matrix, my TV viewing habits would be completely Low Brow (and perhaps a bit Despicable). So, it ain't like I am a TV snob! Drag Race, Tough Love, Toddlers & Tiaras... bring it ON! And yet, I have some issues with this show.

Formatted exactly like Project Runway- eccentric designers, insane challenges, emaciated models, famous fashionistas judging it all- The Fashion Show appears to have it all but somehow gets it wrong. I know, there has only been one episode but I like my judgements snappy!

PR worked for me because Heidi is ditsy and fun. Tim is well, beloved-ly Tim. And the designers are just a bit too much but fun to watch. TFS has the seemingly bitchy Isaac Mizrahi, the bitchy (and on what grounds??) Kelly Rowland, foolishly harsh guest judges and then there is the contestants... Pictured- case in point! These people are insane! I wouldn't wear a single thing off their backs let alone what they designed. I don't know... I need a hug from Tim. As Isaac says... "We're just not buying it. Bye, Bye Darling." (Really. That's the send off line.)
I do like to give things a chance- hell, maybe it will grow on me. Maybe, darling. Maybe.

No comments: