Thursday 7 May 2009

Keeping With A Theme...

Yep. Still playing with this "getting in shape" idea. Though as I have been at it for like, 3 whole days now... I am unsure as to why I am not 30lbs thinner yet? Whatevs.
This morning I had a smoothie. I like smoothies. Especially with ice cream and chocolate and... This was not that smoothie. This recipe came from Health magazine. It was pretty tasty actually so I am passing it on. And apparently, this almond milk stuff is all good for you and shit so... "Milk" is a bit of a stretch however. Almond-y WATER would be better. No matter...
Green Tea Smoothie with Mango and Pineapple
8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
8 oz brewed green tea (umm... didn't have that so doubled the "milk")
1/2 C frozen mango chunks (used fresh myself)
1/2 C pineapple- fresh or canned in its own juices (I used frozen)
BLEND! (I added ice for consistency. Wish I had added 1/2 a banana)
So, in truth, I just kinda made a tropical almond milk smoothie! Good Stuff!
OH... I forgot the best part.... I quote this from Health, btw.
Serve with 6 walnut halves on the side
Huh? a) because there isn't enough nut product involved here? b) why not 3 walnuts c) thank God! With only 4, I would be starving! d) not on top?
So much to poke fun at really in just one little sentence!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMMM shake sounds good~~~~``AND with the nuts....SOOOO much protein too!! One would be stuffed for sure:-)I will give it a try..THANKS!ox