Wednesday 6 May 2009

Dear Billy Blanks, Jr-

When I first saw an ad for Cardioke, I made fun. I put a picture on this very blog and well, made fun. But ever since I started watching Exercise on Demand (1025 on my TV) and contemplating actually doing a workout, I admit, I have been drawn to your option. I tried some AM Yoga (it was only 11 minutes), some PM Stretch (I like the low key stuff. Oh, and 11 minutes) and even a Cadio Dance (short but stupid) but this morning, I gave in.

I am not normally up at this hour. In fact, I loathe being up at this hour. But as long as I was up, I thought... sure, an AM Stretch-ilates sounds good. But there you were- calling me... "Come. Sing. Dance. CARDIOKE!" And I did, Billy Blanks, Jr. I did!

And I LOVED it!! First of all- you, sir, are adorable! Just adorable. Although, I enjoy you referencing your "wife" and I am sure he is adorable, too- it is you that hooked me. And Jackie. What a voice. Good stuff. And the 25 minutes seemed like 24. You did The Time, Billy Blanks, Jr. And Jackie wears bandannas on her wrist like Ozone.

I am not promising I will see you tomorrow morning but I might. I just might. I do apologize for my early misguided attempt at humor. Sure, your concept is so cheesy it needs crackers but I like cheese. And crackers. Who am I to make fun? Who am I, Billy Blanks, Jr? I Am Enough*. That's who.

love, jenn

*I Am Enough is the cool down song written by Billy Blanks, Jr's wife. Very take it to the self help church but it got a little amen from me. And then it went on for like 18 more minutes and I realized... someone doesn't like his man getting all the play.

2 comments:

anne altman said...

dude, i'm a HUGE FAN of exercise tv.

it's the reason i cancelled my gym membership.

i love their 11 min yoga. fave.

also, check out Big Day Bootcamp when you're feeling ambitious enough for a 20 minute workout sometime. the best part is that the woman isn't annoying and they flash the time remaining up on the screen (my favorite)

Justine Scott said...

I just descovred Billy Blanks Jr's cardiokie on exercise on demand on the comcast set-up i think it is fun and it incuraged me to do it everyday his wife's song i am enough got me focused on the goal of losing the weight all though i did cry durning the song i feel she really gets me