Sunday 8 July 2007

YAHOOO Matt!!

Matt, who did a fantastic job quitting smoking COLD TURKEY a few months back has had a really crappy couple of weeks... and death trumps staying on the wagon. But instead of calling it a day and deciding he was meant to be a smoker and eating 2 pints of Ben & Jerrys, ordering a fat ass burger from Jackson Hole and finishing it all off with a bottle (or two) of wine as I do when I am being a big diet failure... he has decided to take the matter in hand and try again!!
So, he is at an Allan Carr refresher course today in High Wycomb (I am not) and is returning a born again non-smoker! I have experience with born agains but am planning on loving him anyway!
(just kidding, Uncle Mike! Still fat, Uncle Bob!)
(I am just kidding you, too Father Uncle John!)
(A shout out to Uncles Steve & Paul...
because I will never hear the end of it otherwise!)
(Not mentioning Uncle Frank or Uncle Rog as the odds of them blogging are probably slim!)

So, Bravo Matt!! I know he is doing this for him but I can't help but think it is a little bit for me and I couldn't be prouder of his tenacity and his decision to do what is best for his health!
As a girl who admires a man for his strength (thanks, Daddy)... Matt is pretty friggin' strong.
Now... do we have any ice cream in this house or what!?!

1 comment:

Jenn Hyjack said...

So proud of Matt!!