Sunday 8 July 2007

And on the 5th Day...

...I rested. Yesterday was a very busy day as we finally got furniture for me to put my clothes in! A great canvas covered shelving unit. I love it!! Built most of it myself- but eventually got bored and made Matt help... It looks great! Showed it to the landlady this morning and she liked it, too! We also got a laundry basket (or hamper to us Americans) and a wheely shelfy unit for my sundries! And baskets to create bra and panty land in my new unit! And we hoovered the car and ran errands for Matt's Mum!! Busy, busy, busy! We got The Unit at a place called Argos- which is a catalog (or catalogue for you Brits) shop. Matt likes it as we stand in one place and pick stuff. I, of course, like to look at things which is what happened at The Mill Shop... and is how we ended up with a mixing bowl, a cookie sheet, polka dot scissors, and a 11x14 canvas that comes complete with paints!! Because suddenly, I am a painter. I am also going to be a gardner!! The landlady, Janice, has said I can take over her backgarden!! (That's tiny yard, Americans) She has squash growing back there and it is small and overgrown and I can't wait to get gardening gloves and make a mess of it all! YAHOOO! Caprice asked yesterday if all this activity is more a result of me NOT having 10,000 things to do... she may be onto something there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOve the door way with the scrolls....a painting waiting to happen!!Nice pics ...you need to publish some of yours!
Thanks for the call...made Sunday sunnier!!
ox Mum

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! how lovely to read the tales of jenn and matt. congrats on the new marriage bliss. love you lots.