Monday 9 July 2007

How's that for a slice of fried gold?


Sunday was tourist-y day and we went "down the docks"! Matt was thrilled to go... I mean, he had only driven a million miles to a quit smoking seminar thing that lasted two and half hours
and returned home to a girlfriend bouncing off the walls in need of something to do!
In my defense... It was a beautiful day and being outside was lovely. There are several tall ships and loads of warehouses that they are converting into gorgeous flats. I, of course, was distressed because my camera batteries had died and thus dragged us into three shops looking for batteries. The first two were museum shops. No batteries there. (Don't worry, I still got post cards!) And finally- we got batteries and "the Sundays" in a bodega. (a. They don't say bodega here and b. I have only heard the paper referred to as "the Sundays" in Shaun of The Dead but hey... I LOVE that movie) Either way... I got some fresh air, batteries for some fine pics and a free Aretha CD that came with the paper! R E S PECT!

No comments: