Monday 16 July 2007

Sadness, thy name is "tooth"...

I am clearly, not just a little sad but I am also a little MAD!! Matt and I had been in the car for just over 8 years (at least that's how it felt- English weather ain't always fun to drive in) when I lost a tooth!!! Not just any tooth.... but the one that I lost a mere 4 months ago!! Pretend it is a lovely March day... Robb Davis and I have just had a long, lovely chat in the Pearl and I have gotten a turkey sandwich from this delightful place on the Upper East Side (they use a lemon mayo- delish!) and I am waiting, in the sun, to pick up Jay when WHAM! Turkey sandwich breaks off my tooth!!! In the sandwich's defense- I had had a root canal on that tooth last fall (which I hated!) but had yet to return to the dentist for a crown- more pain AND several hundred bucks? Why wait?! Exactly! But vanity, and the loss of a good turkey sandwich, will drive me into the arms of a dentist anytime!
So, there we were, just a few weeks later with a shiny new crown that was a real bitch to put in. But my smile was complete again and I felt good... Fast forward back to yesterday. Ahh, yesterday. All my troubles seemed so... WHAM! Tooth yanked out in vicious gum chewing incident! I called my beloved parents for comfort (at like £35 a minute) and they LAUGHED!!! Laugh it up, Fuzzballs!! Apparently, "whittling myself a new tooth just in case I have any important pictures to be taken soon" was their solution! Whittle. My Dad threw in- "shape the gum".
They finally calmed down and suggested Super Glue- did I ever mention my mother went to dental school??? Thank God the motherhood/artist thing panned out for her or teeth all over Buffalo would Super Glued back on!!!
Alright- not Super Glue but some sort of dental bond glue. And so I am off to Boots.
And then- the liquor store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Open Wide.....lets see...hmmmm~~ looks like you lost a tooth!!"
NO Super Glue....Yes to dental bond....Beware of the next turkey sandwich...and piece of gum....
Until then You will have to give a WEE little smile!!:-)

Jenn Hyjack said...

As a former dental assistant - I am horrified by this post! But I hope it is staying in nicely : )
PS - I like your eye make up!