Friday 6 July 2007

Today in Gloucester.


So much to report, peeps but alas Matt and I are going to snuggle down with a bottle of red and Saw III. Ahhh... love. Long story short- spent 5 hours in town today, did very well at not buying everything in sight, did buy a phone and then I waited for Matt (as alas, all shops close at 5:30) to arrive at 6ish... I was asked for money no less than 7 times - 3 of which by the same guy!! "I don't have 40p, my friend, but I got a big can of go fuck yourself in my pocket! This ain't a persistence game, brother! I am trying to be all domestic and read my Good Food magazine! Oh wait, this time I have it... NOT!" And then I was hit with a hackey sack chicken! OK- it was a small stuffed chicken that two boys were playing hackey sack with... I tossed it back with a "Chicken DOWN!" which scared the snot out of them... They were last seen joining up with the homeless moron to discuss how Americans were everywhere! First Starbucks... now ME!

But Leah says hi! We went back to ASDA to get the vino for tonights romantic fiesta and there she was... ringing us up! I said "Hey, we missed you!" She is coming to visit in September. Matt just stood there in awe at my friend making ability! Then he asked me for 40p and threw a chicken at me.

Let the romance begin!
PS... please to note Gloucester's incredibly clever town slogan... Gloucesters Great

No comments: