Thursday 12 July 2007

Why?


Who was it who said that England and America were "two countries separated by a common language?" Churchill? Whoever said it- it's true. But sometimes they bring it on themselves. Jello vs Jelly. Aluminum vs Aluminium. Tomato vs Tomato. All valid, I guess but the need to rename movies is beyond me! Looking for The Rundown- comedy, action filled classic starring The Rock? You won't find it in English video stores... you will find Welcome To The Jungle, however. That kind of behavior doesn't happen NOW you might say... but it does. I give you... Live Free or Die Hard vs Die Hard 4.0
I can't help but blame New Hampshire....*
PS... obviously, the pic of LForDH comes from IMDB but the other I took last night outside the cinema...
yep, that's my elbow!
*Brits- Live free or die is the state motto of New Hampshire. Originally coined by General John Stark of Revolutionary War fame who used it as a toast some banquet. His full original toast was "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"... Now, I of course, would love to pretend that this is just general knowledge in America and that I was an ace history student but alas Wikipedia.com rules!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta say..........prefer the 4.0, thought the Live Free bit was slightly hokey...........man, a couple margs and i am COMMENTING IT UP!