Friday 31 October 2008

Rats!

Halloween, this year, has been more about my DVR than door to door! See, I can nab all the candy I can eat from the kiddos and I can't remember the last time I bothered with a costume for me... Somehow, Halloween has always been a couples holiday for me. Goin' to a party with your "other" as some fantastic duo- Mork & Mindy, Fred & Ginger, Cop & Donut. Only vaguely aware of where this theory comes from and I admit, I was looking forward to this year.
And yet, as it turns out,
I am not a duo.
So, I helped AL with her Whore of the Hive Bumble Bee Slut costume (or whatever Ricky's tried to call that scrap of material) and J with his "out-of-work, former action star auditioning for Superman" concept, I bought the sweets, cooked the seeds, decorated Trick or Treat land and brought the scary flix. Then I came home to my own Treat (Tony's Red) and no real Trick (unless this whole "we live upstairs and we are assholes." thing is one! Rat bastards)
and even a couple o' mini candy bars.... My costume? Do pajamas count?

My Rat infested pumpkin masterpiece! Inspired by Martha Stewart, taken to the limit by yours truly!

Sadly, for Nannyland, one of the rats resembled those giant blow up rats that are used as part of Union Strikes here in NYC! And well, why go far when you can go TOO far! Thankfully, the monks could join Jenna & me in protesting The Man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RATS on strike..............Gotta love it!! tee hee