Monday 6 October 2008

The Oregon Trail... Day 1

Dear Diary,

I departed for Oregon many hours ago. The flight was so bad that I spent my five hours drafting a will. Many things about the flight annoyed me- besides the death like turbulence. One is the blatant disregard for the seat belt sign. Why does no one pay attention to this anymore? I needed to use the bathroom, too! But I waited. Like a good passenger! You know what else I didn't do? Cheer at the tiny TV. Granted, I was not watching a sporting event but Family Guy was funny and yet at no time did I feel it necessary to hoot, holler or clap at the seat back in front of me.

Upon arrival, I was met by my lovely brother who's greeting was much less enthusiastic than Otter's! Otter is a very enthusiastic pup! I love him. (For the record, I love Jeff, too). But I was also met with some incredibly sad news. My favorite place to go once I settle in here in Welchs is to the next town over. For there, nestled in the hill side, is a dream land otherwise known as The Oregon Candy Factory. Ahh, sweetness, thy name is chocolate!! And so despite the fact that it was pouring and dark and terribly late... I longed to stop in for a midnight confection! Alas, they have shut their doors for good. At first, I thought Jeff was playing a cruel prank but no.... This is terrible! Devastating. A sad day for all of the Greater Sandy area. (The day it closed anyway... today it is just sad for me).

And so, to bed. Apparently, with Otter. Who at this moment is trying to help me type... Or at least force me to type left handed and with the other, pet him.

Good night, Diary. Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT???!! the OCF is closed???? OHHH sad day..where shall we go to get our chocolate fix???? hmmmmmmm