Friday 3 October 2008

Color Me Paula Abdul!

So, last Sunday- I got a pedicure. It was a spa pedicure and my first in awhile! (I got a manicure, too but that is neither here nor there!) I was at my favorite place- Athena's Nails on 30th Ave here is Astoria. Though my toes looked good at the end of the day, during the pedicure- there was some, shall we say, over zealous razoring of my heels! It hurt whilst it was happening but not as much as the scrub did. YOWZA!

My heels hurt for the rest of the day. Left more than right but like any exposed razor wound might. By Tuesday, my left heel was throbbing. By Thursday, I could barely walk on it. And today- not only can't I walk on it but I dragged my own doctor hatin' ass to the dermatologist to check it out. The right heel? Heel-ing. (hee hee) The left heel? Not so much. Swollen. Painful. And though there is no chance of salmonella (I meant to say staph) infection... it is decidedly infected! And now I have antibiotics, a prescription lotion, and a pain in the well, foot!

The lesson? 1) Athena's is off the table. 2) Buy your own tools! Or wait til Christmas when you receive the tools I will be buying as stocking stuffers. 3) Make sure your salon du jour is "toe-ing" the line in terms of safety and hygiene!

I am "foot-ing" the bill for my lack of attention to detail! And that foot hurts!!!

No comments: