Sunday 19 October 2008

Gary!

Have I mentioned how thankful I am for Gary's presence this weekend?? Sure, he fell asleep on the landing and had to be woken in the morning...  but I would have killed several pre-teens if not for his presence.  And how do you thank a person for being so generous of spirit and heart at the same time as he tries to get a group of hopped up on soda, candy eatin', 12 year old boys to say thank you to me for making more tater tots? It is delicious to have a Bad Cop to my already Bad Cop ass- to remind me that we did raise these kids to say please and thank you, to be respectful and listen, to laugh and laugh LOUD and to do as we say, not as we do! (Especially when he lets me pass him in the Pearl loaded with kids while he obeys the Stop sign like a sensible driver!) And for understanding why I am still fragile and a bit broken- regardless of how I seem- well, my love knows no bounds. 

So, get your ass back to New York, G! The kids miss you and so do I...  (bring Kara- she's good for you!) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That looks like quite a weekend!! Yay - we love Gary!!

Anonymous said...

You were surrounded by men this weekend...most being a bit young but the one that wasn't ...wow he always supports the leading nanny!
Nice job!!!

love, jenn said...

If only they gave Oscars to Lead Actresses in a Nanny Role! (And Supporting, of course!) This pic deserves an Oscar... Set Design, Costume, Best Picture of 2006, etc...