Thursday 30 October 2008

Sephora. How I love thee!

So, I ordered this Fiberwig mascara that my pal, Anne raved about... and so far (today being my first day) I love it!! There really is nothing I hate more (what a lie, btw) than raccoon eyes! And so far, nada!
Whilst on the site, I decided to have a looksy around- ordered a Christmas gift and then stumbled upon this new, exciting product! For $50- you get 10 samples of perfume (yeah they are the bitty ones but some have spray tops!) and then after you try them all, you can get a full size one with a certificate that is included!!! How great is that? And since I am on the hunt for a new perfume but relatively picky- this is just super! And a Scent Book manual comes with it that breaks down each scent!

And thus- Day One. I tried Aquolina Pink Sugar. This is for the following woman... "Exciting and sensual. Vibrant and ageless." (BTW- the sum up of each woman who wears these perfumes is like a bad Backstage audition post) The scent itself is an "Italian blend of Sicilian orange and bergamot, with mouthwatering notes of vanilla, and caramel wrapped around a creamy marshmallow center and rounded by intoxicating aromas of sensual woods." Ummm, what?!

OK- according to me... at first spray, delish! I felt "sexy, happy and fun". It reminded me a bit of Hanae Mori, an old school fave of mine. Vanilla-y and caramel-y. But after about an hour, I felt like I had rolled in a vat of cotton candy! Which was a bit gross. Fine if I was a staff member for a 6 year olds birthday tea party! Not my fave! Strike one!
Next up...Bulgari Omnia Crystalline! So stay tuned!

3 comments:

anne altman said...

VIVA FIBER WIG

anne altman said...

http://annealtman.blogspot.com/2008/06/simple-22-cure-all-for-ladies-in-house.html

Anonymous said...

Wait...I need some toooooooooooo...and a few other items as well:-)