Tuesday 7 October 2008

The Oregon Trail... Day 2

Dearest Diary-
Today has been quite a day. I woke up to Eli and then had the glorious gift of being the first person (other than his Mom & Dad) to put him to bed. There was reading and playing and snuggling and singing ("More singin' Den"). Singing, nose to nose, him just staring at me until, in the middle of On A Bus To St. Cloud, he closed his eyes, snuggled in deeper and fell asleep. I promptly burst into tears. Ahh, Diary. It has been a long, hard, lost summer. And now, as I am about to hit the sack myself- here are some photos of Day 2 on The Oregon Trail.

After being awoken by Eli (in his Fireman costume), we went through our usual first morning stuff- mainly, going through all of Den's bags looking for good stuff! Among them, as you can plainly see- chocolate marshmallows!

Then we went for a walk- I am always gobsmacked by the beauty that Oregon encompasses.
And the size of their leaves!


Eli and I did a little yoga upon our return. He has a DVD. He is very good at it.

And before we knew it... bath time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so lucky to have you AUNT DENN!! And what a cutie!! That sounds like a wonderful day : )

xo Denny

anne altman said...

awwwwwww....

fantastic.

are their jobs out there? things are falling apart here.