Monday 17 September 2007

A Tale of Two Feet.


So, today... after many days of feeling downright gross, I decided to dress like a human and get some things done! I wore dress up pants and a grown up necklace and some high heel shoes. I wanted to get some new Prescriptives mascara that claims to be incredibly LOOOONG wearing (made of steel fibers or something) and my old pal Dita at the Bloomingdales' Prescriptives counter managed to sell me that and a-WHOLE-lot more! Thanks, D! Then I picked up Jay and we walked home, stopping here and there, enjoying the sunshine, took Annalee to Modells and then joined the ladies for dinner at the DELISH Aleo restaurant! (I see a birthday party there in the near future...) It was a fine meal with fine company and a funny waiter who bought us an antipasti platter and who doesn't love that! Plus, I am certain it is the last time I will see Jenn Hyjack with baby.com on the inside!

Sounds like a lovely day, yes? NO!!! And here's why.... the aforementioned high heel shoes. They broke me. Like an egg. Or a Ming vase during a stampede. Or Dita. They started to hurt my feet on the way to the subway at the top of the day. Did I go home and change? NO! I assumed that my feet just were overused to flip flops and would adjust. Did they? NO! By Bloomingdales, I was limping. By the time I picked up Jay, I could barely walk. (I made him go to the shoe store where I bought some lovely flats but by then the damage was done) Annalee and I took a cab the 4 blocks to Modells and back. And I took a cab from Ditmars to my apartment. That's an 8 minute walk people. I literally couldn't do it. I had just bought socks at the 24 hour Eckerd that I was prepared to put on and walk home in... sans shoes. And my feet are so friggin' blistered and cut up right now that the pedicure I intended to get tomorrow is OUT! They hurt so much, I may not get a manicure either!

I think the lesson is simply- I am not ready to be a grown up. Or to put away the flip flops. And thus, here is a picture of my feet in happier times because if I took one now... we all would be ill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your feet were "TOE-ST
TEE HEE!!

love, jenn said...

You are such a "heel"!! :)