Sunday 23 September 2007

Happy Anniversary to ME!!


Several things, my dears... I am in England right now celebrating the one year anniversary of the madness that is me and Matthew. A whole year of flying back and forth and long distance calls and time differences and somehow managing to stay committed and very much in love! I am so, so blessed. I can't wait until we are both in one place and all this separation energy can be spent on things that count... like whose turn is it to do the dishes!

After whisking me off to Bath for the afternoon, Matt planned a wonderful overnight adventure at a beautiful English countryside manor- Tortworth Court- complete with dinner and breakfast and some amazing... views! As the Manor House was located on a Arboretum (think many trees), I provided him with the view of my getting stuck climbing a tree all in the name of a photo op! Sadly, I have forgotten my USB cord and so cannot upload this fantasticness for all to see but I will... Seriously- I ripped my jeans, bruised my hand and ripped my elbow open on bark. It was an incredible thought from the rose on my pillow to the Under 21 Football team eye candy who took up half the dining room at breakfast so we had to wait to eat... Matt is such a good planner and such an amazing other half! Again- I am so, so blessed.

On Saturday morning- we decided to keep the adventure going by staying steeped in English tradition and going to The Wookey Hole Caves!! (think Howe Cavern but with the word Wookey Hole in the title!!) Located ages off the M5, this place was off da hook, yo! Huge cheesy dinosaurs, a Sea Side Penny Arcade (sea not included), and of course, a witch! Plus, it is called The Wookey Hole. Thanks to Vicky Pollard for not making me be able to think of that as anything but dirrty! It was a real Wookey Wonderland. In one section of the caves, they age cheddar. On the down side- WOW was that section pungent but on the up side- cave aging makes cheese taste DELICIOUS!! On the endless winding road home, we stopped at a farm stand and bought some incredibly yummy berries and a head of cauliflower to make a fantastic cheese bake with our cave cheese. I may get to that tomorrow.... In the meantime- God invented bread for a reason!!

Which brings us to the now. I am awake for no apparent reason but have enjoyed a cup of Horlicks (a delicious chocolate malt beverage to help you sleep) (I can't blame Vicky for giggling at the name of this but, yeah but, no but don't be giving me evils!) and am hoping to return to my bed. But this box of NEW Lindt dark chocolate orange truffles (see how I resisted saying "balls") is calling my name! Unlike the cheese though... I will be bringing some of these back with me! In the meantime... enjoy the views of the Wookey Hole and Tortworth that I stole from their websites... I am going back to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary!!
Way to go Matt!!
Both of you enjoy every moment... big and small!
Celebrate!
xx Mum