Sunday 5 July 2009

Things I Learned Today (so far)

1) Quinoa is not easy to rinse without the proper accouterments.
2) Patience is rewarded if you are waiting for the liquor store to open at noon on a Sunday.
3) Said liquor store has sweet tea vodka!
4) Payless has cute shoes to purchase whilst you wait, patiently, for said witching hour.
5) I make a mean pavlova. (If my tiny tester pavlova is anything to go by)
6) Despite knowing they really could care less, I always feel it necessary to explain to my Starbucks Barista WHY I want my grande iced coffee in a venti cup. (I like a lotta milk, people!)

4 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I'm not sure if I have ever had coffee from Starbucks. They are difficult to avoid, so it may have been only once if at all. Do they serve hot tea in the USA?

Afternnon tea & scones anyone?

love, jenn said...

I love me an afternoon tea, SP! MMM, scones with cream, please! And though I love me some iced coffee, I am a tea girl in the morning!
PG Tips, of course. I would have made a fine British bride... :)

anne altman said...

is that dollar store near you open all day? that, i need to know.

love, jenn said...

It is!!! It is open all the live long day....