Tuesday 12 January 2010

Reporting LIVE from Virginia!

So, after a fine and event-less drive south yesterday, I spent a delightful day/eve with my pal, Anne and her husband, Clinton! A LOT of laughs which were sorely needed after the Horse Shit of the Morning yesterday. That being said- Berryville, which is where Ripley is coming from, is not in fact 30 minutes away but closer to an hour AND 30 minutes! Ooops... Our road trip today just got several times as long.

I am not going to lie- I appreciate that God thinks of me as his own personal sitcom. But ENOUGH! Yeha, the $115 ticket on Saturday I got whilst trying to help a peep was funny. Good timing on that one, Big Guy. And the typo that is delaying me and costing me money is indeed funnier than say, a flood in the Solicitor's office. And the fact that I am dragging my pal, Anne on a 3 hour road trip to meet my dog today is more amusing to me than her! Though the fact that I have spent the last 16 hours trying to recall my checking account number since I forgot my check book and only have enough money to get bring home Ripley's back left paw is probably going to be a hoot at the bank today!

I just think- I would like to go into syndication now. Repeats only of The Jenn Show for the grown up Baby Jesus. Isn't it way past time that I get a new show? (Not The Joey Show, btw, more like Frasier, please!)

OK- we are off!

Did I mention I forgot my brush and makeup? Poor, poor people of Berryville. Anne doesn't care. We once had to sleep in a train station in Rome. She has seen me looking worse...

4 comments:

anne altman said...

But this peep is SO GRATEFUL

I don't think it'd be right if when we're together, your car didn't get towed, ticketed, or part of a parking garage altercation b/c your passenger was flipping another customer the double bird.


just sayin'.

love, jenn said...

A fine point you raise there, Anne!

Anonymous said...

I only LOVE your puppy!! AND was as pleased as I could be to drive for 7 hrs to see her!
I don't know how to post to a blog (and I have no idea what I just said).
-Anne (the other one)

love, jenn said...

I think you posted just fine, Anne!! I also think I miss that time we stumbled on Cupcake Heaven...