Sunday 17 January 2010

In a Time Before Ripley...

I joined Abby & William on a trip to the New York Botanical Gardens. How much was growing there in January, you ask?? Well- we didn't go for the Arboretum, people! We went for the Holiday Train Show! I had never been to the NYBG for the train show or otherwise and I was just blown away! Sure, Abby & William liked the trains but the grown ups were astounded by the NY landmarks made entirely from natural materials!
That's a pomegranate torch Lady Liberty is holding!

It was truly awesome and an incredibly cool place to boot! If you are ever in NYC from late November to early January- you should go! I'll go with you! They add a new building every year!
In the meantime- here is my view of the awesomeness!
It took 'em 12 years to build this amazing mansion (in real life) and then...
they knocked it down 15 years later! Who made that call??

1 comment:

Jenn Ritchie said...

WOW - that is SO very cool!!! Sorry I didn't rally to check it out with you all!