Saturday 13 September 2008

In England, the Owl says Twit Twoo!

Here in America, however, I just want an owl! Not a real owl, of course, but I keep seeing owls and I want to own them! Today alone, I wanted owl earrings at Claire's and an owl statue thing at TJ Maxx. So weird! I looked owls up in my book of Native American Animal Medicine (it is a real book and yes, I do own it...) and owls symbolize deception. Not in a "the owl is a deceiver" but in a "no one can deceive an owl" way. And if you buy into this whole "what is the owl trying to tell me" crap that my book is sellin' (and oddly, I do)... then this is what the owl is trying to tell me... "You (meaning me, I guess) may be a little frightening to be around, since so many people have ulterior motives which you (me again) see right through. Owl is befriending you (um, me) and aiding you (whooo me?) in seeing the total truth. The truth always brings further enlightenment." What a hoot, huh? Me... seeing what is real despite what I am being told? Frightening people because they know I know the truth? Yeah, it's weird. Nothing like that is present in my life right now.... Twit Twoo, indeed.

2 comments:

anniemom said...

I'm almost 9 months preggo. All I can see is an owl that looks like chocolate. Give me that chocolate owl. And a foot rub. I'm scared, alright, baby! I'm scared that you aren't gonna give me that fricken chocolate owl!

anne altman said...

owls are flying cats.