Wednesday 17 September 2008

Ahh, Insect Wild Kingdom...

And so, in a continuing saga of an apartment that's gone to the bugs... Today, I decided to cut back my hedges (ok- it's a weed. Most likely ragweed, actually but it provides shelter from the masses so I call it a hedge!) and as I was hacking away, I felt something tickle my armpit. Thinking it was a branch, I went to brush it away and it walked up my shoulder!!! It was my new friend- Praying Mantis!! I did knock her off me and she gave me a dirty look but then was terribly happy to hang out on my leg while I took many many pictures! I set her free with a wave and a
"Go! Bite heads off the bastards!" and went in to shower! Just another day at the BFG Apartment!

2 comments:

anne altman said...

i love it. amazing. beautiful.

love, jenn said...

I know!! She was way mad at me for knocking her off my arm pit but then she and I chilled for awhile. I have some lovely shots of her praying on my leg! Love her!