Monday 9 November 2009

Labrum NOT Labia!

This is your hip joint.

A hip labral tear is an injury to the cartilage inside the hip joint. The hip joint is made of a ball and socket. The ball is the end of the thigh bone (femur). This ball fits into the bowl-shaped socket in the pelvic bone (acetabulum). Cartilage lines the socket to keep movement smooth and the joint cushioned. When the cartilage tears it is called a hip labral tear.

Turns out... that's what I got! Getting the MRI tomorrow to prove it but the orthopedic is pretty darn sure. I got a bag of drugs (including Valium so I don't freak during the MRI tomorrow) and most definitely physical therapy and maybe even surgery to look forward to!
YAHOOOO!

Good news? It ain't a LABIAL tear which is what I said it was whilst updating my Mom after my appointment. She was obviously shocked so I promptly shouted "not my Vagina labia, a word that sounds like that but is in my hip!"... Boy, did the passing UPS man think that was a hoot!


1 comment: