Monday 16 November 2009

The Final BBQ of The Year!

With all this OWWW nonsense, I forgot to discuss the final surprise BBQ of the year! Hanna, Mark and the kiddos were coming by to play with their injured friend! (Well, Mark likes the football on my big, fat TV, too!) I showed Hanna how genius her idea to plant
some hens&chicks around one of the stumps turned out...

The kids did some fine, fine hop scotchin' while I cheered!
(Hop scotch not so good an idea for me at the mo'!)
Abby & William spent some time filling my beloved childhood gorilla bank,
Mike Fox, with coins!
And though Jenn Ritchie missed the hot dogs we decided to grill given how glorious a day it was and how awesome a Grill Master Mark is...
she did get there in plenty of time to celebrate the power of the fire!



It was time. And how blessed was I to have not just my gorgeous girls with me but Abby, too who announced it was "time to pick up the chalk" before any of us could do anything silly
(like get all weepy and woe is me and OWWW)
but watch the past go up in smoke!?

3 comments:

anne altman said...

ceremonial burn pile to say hello to the new and goodbye to the old: phenomenal idea!

glad you took pics.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Phoenix in Excelsior!

RLD said...

Love it!