Wednesday 7 January 2009

I Resolve....

...not to make resolutions. I don't keep 'em. So, why bother? I do like starting anew with goals and notebooks in September but Jan. 1?? Ehh. What I do like to do is get a little organized. I shred. I love shredding. There, I resolve to shred more!!

While finding things to shred, however, I found this article- ripped from the pages of Oprah or Psychology or Marie Claire- about taking an "Incompletion Inventory". Intrigued, I read it again. I must have saved it for something, right?! (Just like someday I WILL make the sweet potato risotto) The point of the article was to verbalize the crap you have meant to do ("become a yoga master") and the stuff you never got to do ("tell off Geri Clark") and the stuff you will never do and thus should LET GO OF! ("see yoga and Geri Clark")

So, here's what you do.... you answer the following 8 sentences with your unfinished business. Then assign each thing a completion date of N (for Now but really mean Now), L (for Later but assign a date), C (for Complete- you go getter, you) or NTL (for Not In This Lifetime).... And then assumably, you get to work*!!!

1. Things I want to start but haven't started
2. Things I want to change but haven't changed
3. Things I want to stop but haven't stopped
4. Things I started but haven't finished
5. Things I want to do but haven't done
6. Things I want to say but haven't said
7. Things I want to learn but haven't learned
8. Things I have felt but haven't expressed
*I resolve to actually give some thought to this....

2 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

This involves far too much tinking for this time of Whisky.

See!

anne altman said...

i agree.

and i can't even afford irish whiskey anymore--i'm onto Canadian Club. half price, same effect

<3 <3 <3