Wednesday 23 September 2009

The Writing On The "Wall"

Many moons ago (OK, it was the Monday after Valentine's Day), I did a show at Fontana's with the delicious Honi Harlow and this was written on the bathroom wall...
Maybe because it was the first burlesque show I had done since the Big End, I found the sentiment particularly stirring! It was my background on my phone for some time. But I also appreciated it's grammatical righteousness. I like my graffiti like I like my emails-
spelling and grammar checked.

Yesterday, I was at Target and I saw this...
Maybe because it is an ugly shirt, I found myself actually reading the sentiment. But I also can't get past it's grammatical dodginess. Right? Is it me? Have I become a red pen carrying stickler?

1 comment:

anne altman said...

3 words:

made in china