Friday 25 September 2009

Thoughts For Cross Stitchin'

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
- Buckminster Fuller*

*BTW- I noted this quote because the dude's name was Buckminster. His real name! It was also his Dad's name
so I guess his Dad was just paying it forward!
That being said... awhile back, whilst Nannyland was on the road in Vermont, there were two other kids there and I couldn't remember their names for the life of me so I called one Bucky, which I said was short for Buckminster!
A name I thought I was making up!! Turns out... no! Who knew!?
Anyway... Buckminster FULLER was an American architect, author, designer, inventor and futurist!
And he gives good quote.

2 comments:

anne altman said...

you can't fight reality, true, true.

an elephant is an elephant and and antelope is an antelope.

when you start expecting an elephant to act like an antelope you end up frustrated.

time to eat a pint of ice cream with a knife! who's in?

love, jenn said...

ME! ME! ME!!