Thursday 10 September 2009

The Tennis!

Well, it's that time of year again! The time when I attend yet another sporting event with my dear friend, Devonne! Together, we would be hard pressed to PLAY a sport but we make excellent spectators! And if there is any sport I love more than The Tennis...  well, it would be most sports, actually. But this isn't just any tennis- it's the US Open!! And so, I go, I watch, I usually cheer and I wish for a way to have a tennis players physique without all the tennis!

Among the great things at The Tennis is free stuff! Here are my peeps enjoying some free Greek yogurt! Because nothing says tennis more than Greek yogurt!!
And I never tire of this view...


Or this one...

This pic makes it seem as if we were further away than we really were but it is a cool view of the Arthur Ashe stadium/arena/court thing!
The winner of the match we saw (which was really good, btw) was this woman- whose name sounded like pancetta. She was clearly as loved by the Italians but not as much of a ham!
She was up against this lovely lady! Her name began with a Z. That's all I have. She came close to getting the match point easily 6 times and Pancetta fought her back each time to victory!
Although nothing comes without a cost. Here we see the greatest one- an injury that requires you to be shaken, face down, ass more than half out in front of thousands of people. 
One of the sponsors of The Tennis is Evian. This cutout on the side of their vending booths is both creepy and not the least bit tennis-y!
So, that's my report from The Tennis this year!! Join me next year when hopefully I will see Billie Jean King make her comeback bid and win by a Touchdown! 


I almost forgot my favorite part of The Tennis...  DD pouring the booze! CHEERS!

No comments: