Thursday 11 October 2007

If it Ain't Broke...

Inspired by Fall (which it is according to the calendar anyway) and because today is Jake Day- I decided to bake a pie to bring along to Jake's house! I also decided to try a new pie crust recipe. BIG Mistake! HUGE! I get up, crack of dawn this morning to roll out my dough (which had to be refrigerated overnight says the new recipe) and it is a crumble! I add more heavy cream (way over the recipes limit but my dough ain't stickin'!) and try again... In the end, there can be no rolling. I had to put it all together, come up with a crumble top and hope to high heaven that it tastes good! Lesson? There's a reason my Grandmother used the same recipe for 8 million years.


Lesson 2 this week? Arguing with someone when you can't give them a hug because they are a million miles away SUCKS! All relationships have disagreements, of this I am aware! (I'm half Italian, for Christ's sake AND my father's daughter... I know from disagreements.) And I have no problem with disagreeing, I think it is good for people actually. But when you have to make up on the phone, disagreeing just... well, SUCKS. And disagreeing over something you have no control over (namely the shitheads that make up immigration) is even worse. As is evidenced by the pie fiasco (oh, and meeting me)- I can be a bit of a control freak and yet I thrive in chaos.
Why do I go to extremes, Billy Joel? And all that happens is that I end up miserable at
Otto's Shrunken Head (supporting a fab cause though) and suffering from
Diabolical Nuclear Metatosis (thanks, Dr. Marcus!)!!

All one can do is hope. Hope that it has not forsaken this land and that your pie turns out great and that your man can come for Christmas (and that he knows how loved and supported he is even if he can't) and that DNM is cured by Jake!

No comments: