Friday 19 October 2007

Bugs, Bladerunner, and Bastards!


After a delightful turn of events in the morning (I was excused from jury duty due to mono! FINALLY!!) and a nice long nap... I decided to embark on a mono-induced journey! Dinner and a movie. Seemed safe enough- no contact sports, unlikelyhood of a karate chop to the spleen (no matter how frustrated James gets with talking, he has never thrown a kick fast as lightning!), a movie I had seen so falling asleep, not a huge issue!

Dinner was nice enough but the movie turned disastrous. It is difficult to feel good when you are so far beyond a fashion don't that you are a fashion don't care and to enter a Ziegfeld packed with oddballs was just disconcerting! The fella to my left was the loudest breather EVER and clearly had had some bratwurst for dinner that didn't settle well! The couple in front of me were making out like teenagers from a bad movie- all head twisting and sound effects. The movie was nowhere near as good as I remembered.

But worst of all... we get our seats and with a "I like my hot grease", the folks to our right went out for popcorn. Upon their return, I stand (as is usual to let the two gentlemen pass) and one of the rat bastards knocks my full ginger ale out of its cup holder!! Spilling the entirety of it on the carpeted floor of the Ziegfeld! Obviously, this led to me, Kerry and James staring at him as he took his seat and as if it was an afterthought he looked up and said "oh, sorry". And he said it so reluctantly. As if mayhap I didn't notice I now had to suck my ginger ale off the floor. So, then he says, "want a few bucks?" To which I promptly reply, "it seems 'I'm sorry" cost you enough already". James however, made him cough up some cash and thus I got $3! Thanks, douche bag. A medium soda hasn't cost $3 since Bladerunner came out the first time! It may be the mono, but I really hate people!

OH, and James has an odd bug in his home so I promptly told him about my favorite bug site www.whatsthatbug.com This site led me to correctly identify my house centipedes (horrible little critters) and dispel the myth that they may be silverfish. Fingers crossed, James identifies his own bug! One of my favorite parts of the site- is their "love" section!! That's bug love, you horn dogs! And thus, this fine shot of two rhino beetles getting it on! Notice the lack of kissing...
maybe one of them has mono, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harrison Ford was the bumbling Inspector Clouseau of Bladerunners...Stupid movie... We should have done some dollar bill origami and threw them at hot grease face... Stupid Ziegfeld...

What a waste of your precious energy.