Sunday 4 October 2009

Holga-licious!

A long time ago, I was given a Holga* camera. Somehow, despite being on display, I didn't play with it! But last week, at Pumpkin Town- Jay and I decided it was time to break it out! We needed some help from the local photo store as it requires special format film but for our first outing with a new toy... I think we did a very cool, artsy job!!


Jay took this last one... As a straight on, no craziness shot and yet look how cool it looks!!

*The Holga is an inexpensive, medium format 120 film toy camera, made in China,
appreciated for its low-fidelity aesthetic.
(definition provided by Wikipedia!)

Ohh, for comparison... here is the one view with a regular digital camera!

4 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Kudos. Pretty cool pictures indeed!

anne altman said...

holga tolga, lovin' the pix!!!

Anonymous said...

When J is a FAMOUS cinematographer...he will remember these days with you!!!oxoxox

love, jenn said...

I can't wait to play with my Holga again!! (dirty) (hee hee)