Sunday 23 August 2009

OMG! I Forgot To Brag It Up!

So, last week, in Nannyland- the kids and I rented I Know What You Did Last Summer. The Rated R restriction was lifted quite some time ago by the parental units and now it is all at my discretion. Well, it was before, too but it's official now. And the kiddos have a bit of a yearning for the Scary Film. Not Saw, of course but the lesser Scary Films. Things that are as much funny as they are scary... I let them watch Deep Blue Sea forever ago (best. scene. ever.) and they have also indulged in many a "creature" Scary Film since (Lake Placid, Anaconda, The Faculty, etc... )

I have tried to avoid the scary people killing people ones but decided I Know What You Did barely counts as one of those and we chuckled our way thru it! Of course, the second it was over- they wanted to watch I Still Know What You Did Last Summer which we had not rented. The conversation went like this...


Me: "We didn't rent it."
Kids: "Duh, we can instant Netflix it and watch it on the computer."
Me: "We are not gathering round the computer to watch a movie children, that's stupid."
Kids: "No, it isn't. You're just old. Everyone is doing it."

And much like that theoretical bridge I should never have jumped off because everyone else was doing it... I instantly conceded. And there we were... gathered 'round Opal, watching the fist 30 minutes of I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.

Fast forward to a few days ago... I finally decided to sit down and watch the Torchwood: Children of Earth miniseries event that I had DVR'd. First- I recommend it highly!! HIGHLY! I laughed, I sobbed, I long for Captain Jack Harkness to father my children... But at 3AM, I realized I had not taped Day 5!!! Not recorded the final day!! I was already in hysterics from Day 4. There was no way I was going to sleep without Day 5. And so, what did this old dog do?? Downloaded it on iTunes and watched it on Opal! I jumped!!! And it was well worth it!! I was so proud of myself. This wireless Opal thing is a real treat! Now I know what you kids have been bragging about all this time!

And so I would like to thank the BBC for creating a miniseries that I wanted to watch the conclusion of so very badly that I went for it. Opal for being the best computer a girl could ask for and Annalee & Jay for being such taunters. I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way....

1 comment:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Yay Opal! Yay children of the future!

I think Jack is jolly...