Friday 10 April 2009

This is an Ebelskiver.

I first had me an Ebelskiver in Solvang, CA. I also bought a mug. They were delicious little bursts of filled pancake goodness, dusted with confectioners sugar and ejoyed with love! Later, in the same trip to CA, I bought a boxed mix at CostPlus World Market which Jason and I enjoyed with even more love. These were deep fried in oil with jam ON THE SIDE though so not the traditional sort I got in Solvang.
Since then, I have tried making them twice more... though from scratch this time. Yeast, flour, the whole kit and kaboodle. Moonwhile- Williams Sonoma sells an Ebelskiver pan. I have coveted it for some time and finally, my coveting has become acquired!! The Ebelskiver will be the center piece of my Easter brunch despite our complete lack of Danish-ness. I, of course, wanted a test run and thankfully, Jim is always on board for those!! So this morning- I made apricot jam Ebelskivers, raspberry jam Ebelskivers and then, just for shits and giggles, I made a cheese and bacon Ebelskiver!! Friggin' delish!! Get yourself a pan, people, because the Danes were really on to something here!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Aebleskiver in Solvang. You can go to YouTube and see the instructional video from the Solvang Restaurant, where you got the mug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWxISl1dpyI

Sans Pantaloons said...

Your talents have no end!

Unknown said...

When do we get to try some?? :-)

love, jenn said...

We can have an ebelskiver party!! :)

And thanks, Solvang friend! I did watch the video and it was very helpful! (I watched while drinking from my mug, of course!) Is it wrong that I turned them with chopsticks? Hee hee...

anne altman said...

i'm sorry i only had 5.