Saturday 25 April 2009

A Life Lesson

So, last night... after the show and drinks with the fabulous Bobbi at a very loud Mercury Lounge (Lounge is clearly a misnomer... Mercury Sports Bar with Really Loud Music. Much better) (Though they did play both Poison by Bell Biv Devoe and My Prerogative by Bobby Brown) (and for those who this sentence matters to... I did the routine in my chair for Bobbi who was suitable impressed with my memory. Oh, and my chair dance skills)...

I was walking to the N train and spied Geoffrey Rush (who smiled at me) and Orlando Bloom walking from Exit The King which stars Mr. Rush. Bloom was mobbed with people. He was on the phone and people were swarming him like No See Ums on a golf course in CNY in August. Not paparazzi, just normal people trying to get his picture and Orlando just carried on as if they were not there.

Geoffrey was completely alone. I think he smiled at me because I, realizing who he was, smiled at him. He also STANK like patchouli. This is not a smell I enjoy and it was swarming him like No See Ums on a golf course in CNY in August.

And there is your life lesson, folks.... If you are a celebrity who wants to be left alone, swim in patchouli first. I really think Orlando would have benefited from this lesson. Maybe after he reads this (Hey Orly!), he will know better!

2 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

These are wise words indeed! In order to smell nice, I bathe on the last Friday of every month whether I need to or not.

love, jenn said...

Borderline genius, really. Mr. Rush is so very medieval!