Wednesday 4 February 2009

O.M.G!!

So, after hating the Fix It Man, the neighbors, the shoveling, the Double Shot at Love--
(so, they each chose the same person and that person chose between them...
"Well, Grandson- after screwing around with Great Aunt Ricki on national TV,
I screwed her over and picked Grandma!" Clucking Weird...)
--I made the following sandwich...
(Did I mention I also organized my cupboards and found a whole lotta recipes?
This was among them)

The Brooklyn Ricotta Roll

Fuhgeddaboudit! It was CLUCKIN' GOOD! I did change it up a bit, as Trade Fair (shockingly) did not have fresh basil and who doesn't love parmesan... Get on this people because it is delish!

2 sandwich rolls (I just used regular deli ones- and I foolishly just made 1)

2/3 C shredded mozz (yeah, I didn't shred or measure)

2/3 C ricotta (again, measuring is for other people)

6 fresh basil leaves (in the absence of fresh basil, I used pesto!)

(stuff I also added: parmesan cheese, squeeze of lemon)
Heat oven to 450. Slice rolls in half horizontally and hollow them out. Put stuff in. (I went with pesto on both sides, squeeze of lemon, mozz, ricotta on the more hollowed out side, parmesan everywhere) Put the top and the bottom together, wrap in foil, bake about 20-25 minutes. Share with Lodger who thinks you are kitchen Goddess. Eat cupcake with booze while Lodger showers with hot water. Watch bi-sexual whores find "love". Wish you had made 32 BRRs!!

3 comments:

Jenn Hyjack said...

Mmm... that sounds yummy!! I miss you & hope you're doing well... other than the neighbors & shovelling and stuff!! xo

Sans Pantaloons said...

I'm not a big cheese lover, but I may give it a roll.
Is the watching of the bi-sw part of the recipe?

love, jenn said...

You must have some sort of I Wanna Be A Ho show on or they just don't taste as good.... I am no magician. It just is what it is! :)