Sunday 15 June 2008

Dear TONY Producers-

I found your production amusing this year. Having not seen any of the shows- I still got goosebumps during the In The Heights number and Patti LuPone makes me jealous and even the number from Sunday In The Park with George (not among my favorite shows) made me sigh. I want to run and see August: Osage County and shake the hand of the now Tony winning director. I want to be in The 39 Steps as it just looked fab-o. And not oddly, Whoopi had her moments.
(My personal fave was her turn as Mary Poppins in which she declared...
"I can watch the children but I won't clean your house")
Here is my issue. The original cast of Rent got together to honor the show and its creator. The current cast sang a bit of La Vie Boheme and then the original cast took over for Seasons of Love. It should have been magic. Alas, the peoples of Radio City couldn't equip them with fucking mics that worked!!! For the love of all that's holy! To get to hear Fredi Walker sing that amazing note from the end of Seasons had me sitting up and crying in anticipation. Only me (and Patti in her cut away) were cringing!!! How is that possible?? How could they fuck that up?? Well, Tony Producers... you just became #10... Shit mics for the most anticipated moment of the Tonys???
FUCK THAT!
love, jenn
(and the insects of the BFG Apartment)

No comments: