Friday 21 March 2008

Color Me CSI: Bug

It is an evening full of mysteries here at the Big Fat Greek Apartment!
Mystery 1- My job. Why is it so ridiculous?
Mystery 2- Where are my Eddie Izzard DVDs?
Mystery 3- What is this bug that I have sighted several of in my bathroom?

Now, my job is ridiculous because it gives me good stories to tell full of thwarted trips and newly emerging sexuality and running away and a level of retardness unmatched anywhere else.

Sadly, I have no idea where my Eddie DVDs are. I have a vague memory of lending both Definite Article and Glorious to someone but I cannot recall who... if it is you, please do let me know! My 11 year old shares the same love of Eddie that I do (actually, he just loves most things I tell him to but the Eddie is in extreme good taste) and we were going to watch several hours of His Greatness tomorrow but alas we shall only watch one as I can only find Dress To Kill. (Again, if you know the whereabouts of my DVDs, please tell me before I put a picture of them on a milk carton!)

But the solved mystery is What's That Bug?! It is a bug "that is not common a pest but can become numerous in certain situations. They are general scavengers and can be found in pan­tries, museums, grain mills, warehouses, and attics". (at least according to the real source of info and itchiness- whatsthatbug.com) I, of course, have them in my bathroom! Ridiculous. My bathroom is akin to a museum apparently. They are very tiny bugs and kinda look like big fleas! (jumbo shrimp?) They don't bite or seem to be en masse (knock on wood),
they were just a mystery to be solved!


Ladies and Gentlemen....
I give you, the frequenter of grain mills across the country and my bathroom....
The Spider Beetle!

PS... this picture is so magnified that even I am slightly alarmed and I have seen them up close. I had no idea they had such crazy lobster legs! Seriously, they are like a moving dot. A dot made with a Sharpie though, not a pen! They should have given it a crown and a playground and then it could be like the Sea Monkey of my grain filled museum-esque bathroom of canned goods and pantry items. That is how ridiculous this picture is. Maybe God uses the same camera for Nannyland? Ohhh, another mystery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing my photo. It had Penn State Entomology imbedded in it B-4 someone blacked it out.