Sunday 2 January 2011

Sunday Night Movie

So, I am sitting around- eating a batch of homemade ice cream made at home with a recipe I just made up (I am calling it Cocoa Creme Fraiche)- watching the remake of The Longest Yard. I saw it in South Hampton at the theatre when it was released in 2005 with the boys. Jay was 9, Nick was 12 and his pal, Teddy was 11. For the record, the flick is rated PG13. Whatevs.

At one point- I recall having to explain the effects of estrogen, homosexual prison sex and the two point conversion rule... pretty much at the same time if I recall correctly! However, it was this scene that required the movie's most awkward explanation because of my audible gasp of, how shall I say, appreciation of these fellas....


ps... you may notice this clip is from a Spanish language showing of the pelicula. It was the only one I could find and it takes nothing away from the visual. Sooo, de nada.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got finished watching it too....Good Movie!!!

Sans Pantaloons said...

I have no idea what the two point conversion rule is. Is it something to do with a homosexual prison sex sandwich?

anniemom said...

I just watched those 21 seconds forty times.

love, jenn said...

Anon- it is a fine film!

SP- in American football, after scoring a touch down (worth 6 points), you have the option to kick for an extra point OR try and run the ball in the end zone for TWO extra points (called the two point conversion). It rarely works so it rarely happens. It may also have to do with a prison sandwich :)

Annie- Bueno.

RooOOooo said...

Was that hot? Help me out here. It was hot, wasn't it?