Sunday 16 January 2011

Me & My Bro!

When we were in high school, my brother and I wanted to get pictures of us taken for our Ma & Pa as a Christmas gift. We thought it would be fun to recreate a pic from when we were little. In hindsight, it was a good idea though we should have made it more clear to the Sears photographer who thought we were a COUPLE couple. She kept trying to make us sit closer together... AWKWARD! We were straddling a bench to be in the right position. When we finally clarified our SIBLING-ship, well, it just got awkward-er. After hearing of this website that publishes recreated childhood photos- I implored my Mom to find them both. The younger version lives in her hutch so that was easy but we didn't go with the same pose as high school students (as you can imagine our facial expressions of sheer awkwardness- no brother & sister should straddle something so closely) so finding that one will take some digging! In the meantime-
Wanna see other folks in recreated photos? Go HERE!
Wanna see me & my adorbs, Bro?

In keeping with my sibling theme- I found my diary from 1982 when last I was at the 'rents. Actually, I have known of its location for some time but uninspired with the contents of it, I have never brought it home. Apparently, I did a lot of experimenting. Not the good, dirty kind but the kind that involved inviting various friends to partake in the mixing of random ingredients and hoping we didn't blow up. (I don't understand it either.) And I was just about to abandon it as a lost cause when I flipped to this page... That is not my handwriting so I can only assume that Jeff took the time to write me a note on his birthday. Turns out- he's right!

..though I hope his spelling is better now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute kids~~~ your parents must be good looking:-)oxox

love, jenn said...

Oh, but they are! :)