Saturday 21 August 2010

WTF?! Moment of the Week!

Last night, Ripley's had a surprise visit from her BFF, Dexter. She often does. The two pups play, race around, fight over the same ball, and are just ridiculously cute together. People often stop to comment and coo as Amanda (Dexter's Mama) and I chat away....

It was just getting dark when they stopped by last night and I was telling Amanda how some chick walking by earlier and went to open the gate to let Ripley out to play with her dog with a, "you don't mind if she comes out?" I almost punched her in the face as I DID in fact mind. In the never ending sitcom that is my life, she then gave me her card. She's a dog walker. It should come as no surprise that I threw the card out. So, I am telling Amanda this and we are chuckling away at what fucking retards people are when we both notice the ass who runs the As'toria Deli across the street struggling to keep his toddler grandchild out of the way of oncoming traffic. Apparently, the kid wanted to see Dex & Rip up close and Grandpa assumed the cars should not be driving through Jr's walk way. "The fucking retards just keep coming", Amanda & I chuckled astoundedly.

THEN Grandass walked the kid over shouting "doggy" and other words in Korean. The pups ran over to the fence in their usual cute way to greet the kid. Grandloser's response? TO TRY AND OPEN MY GATE AND LET JR IN TO PLAY! He didn't say anything just DID IT!! I slapped the latch down and said no. Amanda grabbed the dogs. We looked at each other in horror. At which point, Grandfuck waved at us and.... LEFT!!! WENT BACK ACROSS THE STREET TO THE DELI!! Jr?? Still at my fucking fence trying to reach thru to the pups. Amanda and I stood there, incredulous for easily 3 minutes wondering if Granddick was coming back or what. At which point, I told her to hold the pups and scooped up the kid- who was more than a little resistant to the strange woman who doesn't speak his language picking him up- and brought him across the street to the deli. Granddouche was just coming out, maybe to come back & get the kid or maybe just to grab the paper, and I shoved the kid at him with a stern- "you can't leave your kid at my fence. It is NOT OK." He just smiled his stoner, fuckwit smile and shouted, "thank you, thank you. He rike dogs."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?! I think Amanda and I just stared at each other, gobsmacked, for another 15 minutes before we called it a night and took our pups to their rightful corners. If I was a different person, I would have shuffled Amanda and Dexter into the house for a cocktail and left that kid by the fence faster than his Grandprick did. But I am not. I am, however, horrified. I rarely enter As'toria Deli anyway. The punctuation in their title alone pisses me off. But then, the fact that I already thought this guy was annoying and crappy, cemented it. Plus, I am fairly certain it is a drug front anyway as I can often get a contact high by walking by it in the morning. But now? I will never set foot in the place again and I will encourage the neighborhood folk that pause to chat with Ripley not to either.

Seriously. WTF?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE PUT A LOCK ON YOUR GATE....OHHHHHHH MY G!!!!! WHAT IDIOTS LIVE IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD!!YOU MUST HAVE WANTED TO SMACK SOMEBODY!!! POOR RIPLEY...NEVER TALK TO STRANGERS!!OXOX

anne altman said...

so let me get this straight: i'm NOT supposed to dump my kid off at your joint and scram?

man. this guy ruined it for everyone.