Saturday 14 August 2010

2 cents, Please!

So, awhile back, I got this thought... I really wanna see my niece and nephew (and my bro & sis-in-law, of course)! This is not a new thought- nary a day goes by that I don't wish I could see them! But I have this furry ball and chain so travel has been a solid no since she arrived. Sure, we go to the Hamptons and have even driven upstate to see Nona, Grandpa and Uncle Hershey but to visit Jeff & co? In Oregon? Yeah. No. Ripley is too big to fly in the cabin with me and I hate the idea of her being in with the luggage for 6 hours. A private plane is a little too expensive for me. I could leave her with someone or at a kennel but I gots a bee in my bonnet, see.... I really want Ripley to meet Eli & Athea. And I kinda hate the thought of her being away from me and I am sick of work soooo....

What do you all think of a cross country road trip?! Me & Rip- on the road again!! Before you vote- know that I would take 3 weeks to do it. It wouldn't be a race. In fact- I have plenty of peeps to stop in and see along the way! Plus, there are Giant Balls of String and Biggest Hunks of Cheese just waiting for us!!! I would rent a car, of course and bring a map. And snacks. I would bring lots of snacks!

Well- what do you think? Totally nuts or hells yeah?!

6 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Road To Oregon!

As long as you feel well enough...

stina said...

Get your butts in the car. Both of you. (Good thing Rip doesn't get carsick....)

anniemom said...

Yes! Nashville's on the way, isn't it? xo

love, jenn said...

Nashville would be on the way back! :)

anne altman said...

I say Just Do It.

You've got a "guard dog", you get GPS, you sleep in proper hotels with most of your driving in the safety of daylight and take it easy, blog about it along the way...

Anonymous said...

oh man road trip without me?!!! pants! that sucks!
sis x