Monday 19 July 2010

Should Have Planted a Money Tree!

It has been a ridiculously expensive morning at the BFG Apartment. First, Ripley is still limping. She was supposed to be weaned from the 'roids by now but when I tried to cut her down to the last dosage before the end- her limp increased 10 fold. So, I bumped it back up to the least amount daily. She has also been fighting a me-diagnosed UTI. But with me all Shitty Shingles Suzie and the Heat Miser come to town... I slapped her on some Clavamox (doggie antibiotics) and called it a day. Apparently, I am no better at playing Vet than I am at playing Doctor. I mean, I would do both excellently on TV but with the health of the bitches of the BFG Apartment? I should leave it to the pros.

Sadly, the pros are CLUCKIN' EXPENSIVE! A trip to the vet this morning (even with me saying I do not want to do any crazy expensive procedures unless it is do it or she dies) STILL cost a billion*. And how did we get there with Driver having the morning off and Ripley too big for the subway? I rented a car, of course! Which in NYC is just under a billion (but still cheaper than a car service both ways). And now I need a nap before the show tonight or I am just going to spend my time on the mic rantin' and ravin'!! BTW- the diagnosis for Ripley? Yep, UTI. (maybe I am good at playing Vet) Needed more antibiotics. As for the limp? Stay the course. Which I would have done without our expensive morning. UGH!

*only a slight exaggeration!

2 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I hear ya hurtin' Jenn. You have my total and complete sympathy.
kisses & hugs...

love, jenn said...

Thanks, SP! I'll take it! :)