Tuesday 13 November 2007

A lesson learned...

...is a Penny earned!! I am a card carrying customer of Commerce Bank. I love it there. On Valentines Day, they gave customers roses and Hershey kisses. They are open all the time. Their banks are shiny and they always have free pens. They have dog biscuits for well... dogs. And they have Penny Arcade. Penny is a coin counter. You dump your coins, you hazard a guess as to how much you have (and if you come within $1.99, you get a prize!), and then it prints out a receipt for you. I love it!!
That being said... today, I took in a bunch of coins (over $113 worth... my guess was $53. No prize for me)! I figured counting was better than packing- plus I gots that new TV, new couch, new bedroom set fund building for the big, fat, Greek apartment! Here's the thing... I had a bunch of half dollar coins and them there Sacajaweas in a separate baggie. So, I dumped them in last. It counted like a third of them!! I pointed it out to the teller... not as much because I was worried about my $3 (which turned out to be $10, BTW) but because I didn't like feeling that my beloved shiny, chocolate doling bank was trying to swindle me! Well, the teller promptly got a manager who opened Penny up and found my missing coins! (Apparently, Penny wasn't so sure what a 50 cent piece was...)

So, although nobody wants to count their coins before bringing their coins to a coin counter but it is good to be a better guesser than me. That or keep your big bucks, no whammies coins in a separate baggie! The more you know....

No comments: