Wednesday 8 August 2007

Vowel Night!

So, last night was Vowel Night with Elizabeth C. Gutterman! (I call her E. and she calls me O.) (E. is obviously for Elizabeth and O.. is obviously for Octopussy!) (Don't ask...) Anyway... we got delicious manicures at Acqua Beauty Bar on 14th Street and then retired to Jane down on Houston for a ridiculously tasty dinner!! I did see a mouse run across the floor of the dining room but in Jane's defense-there was crazy construction happening immediately outside their door and the manager bought us champagne so.... We stayed. We ate. We loved. For dessert we had huge warm chocolate chip cookies served with a glass of milk and a scoop of vanilla gelato (in the milk!!) God, I wish Fresh Direct would get here faster... I am starving!!

As I didn't have to work yesterday, I decided I needed a massage pre-manicure! People, I highly recommend this!! Her name was Angel. She was a showgirl... This masseuse put her hands, elbows, arms and back into it! (I am fairly certain she did not put her ass into it!) And not only did she do a fantastic job but mid-back, she stopped to make an extraction! (She also does facials)... As she sensed my confusion, the conversation went as follows:

Angel: Oh, you have ingrown hair.
Me: ahhhh...
Angel: I feel it when I pass over.
Me: ohhhh....
Angel: I got. It is thick, brack hair.
Me: huuuuhhhh....
Angel: You know. Rike nose hair.
Me: WHAT?!
Angel: That area, hard to crean. I know.

Turns out. I had a nose hair in my back. In MY defense- the lights were low. I didn't see it. I was too relaxed to care. Now, I am a rittle weirded out but what can you do?? So, run don't walk to Angel at Acqua. She rules and she goes the extra mile! And then go give yourself (not a mouse) a cookie!

No comments: