Monday 6 August 2007

The One Ring...


As most of you can guess, this was not an easy weekend. Especially for poor Matt, who should buy stock in Kleenex to keep up with my flow of tears! Just when Gloucester thought it had had enough water! Saying goodbye is never easy but harder still when you have had 33 really great days! But to add to the chaos... On Sunday morning as I was finishing up my packing, I realized that I couldn't find my Nona's ring. It is not a ring I wear everyday... only for flying and special occasions. It was actually an opal from a ring my aunt used to wear that my Nona had put in a simple setting when my aunt passed away. I was (and am) honored to have been given it by my Grandfather when my Nona passed away. I had worn it on Monday to lunch. Maybe it is in the sea. Maybe it is in the hotel. Wherever it is, I hope that it is seeking it's rightful master... Scarily enough, my Mom and Jason said the same thing... maybe it is time for a new ring. Regardless, I miss it already. As I miss my Nona- everyday.

No comments: