Tuesday 1 February 2011

My New Crush!

Some people have crushes on stars, office mates, local baristas but not long ago I was introduced to the Fire King and I can't stop hoping to see more. Google, Etsy, eBay.... I am searching high and low. Afraid to commit. But yesterday, I broke a plate. And it was like a sign. My new (old) Fire King is on the way! It is just the beginning. There is so much more to embrace.

That's right. I have a crush on a vintage dish line. Produced only from 1960-1962. Dainty, feminine pink & red flowers with grey leaves. And somehow, the milk glass, Primrose pattern remind me of my Grandmothers.

I haven't loved a King this much since the Arctic King. And My King, Christopher, of course!

I can't wait until my random "filler" set arrives! And to build my collection from there!!

2 comments:

anniemom said...

It's beautiful! Like you! xo

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful pattern...Very nice...happens to be an Antique Store just down the road ..maybe for those extra pieces...:-)oxox