Saturday 12 February 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet: A Wee Review!

So, yesterday was the big day! 2:25, Real D 3D, popcorn & cherry coke and
GNOMEO & JULIET!!!

What a sweet, charming little movie! Just adorable. The girls in front of me giggled at the gnomes almost smooching, didn't get the Shakespeare references, and gasped at the dramatic ending! They were very cute. Tybalt was still a dirty, sexy, bad boy gnome despite his flowered belly. Nannette was the dippiest frog and Paris her perfectly dippy match. Featherstone was the lawn flamingo I have always wanted! And 'Shroom reminded me why I love mushrooms but don't eat them! Tunes by Elton lent a lovely touch- as did the Dolly Gnome! And the steamy romance of Gnomeo & Juliet? Gnome-tastic!!

My 2 cents? It needed more! MORE! It is a very British movie and it needs to be. I can't imagine a ShakeGnomian Tale not being British. And as we all know, I got a thing for the Brits- so it worked for me. The problem is it needed an American edit. A BAM! A kick it up a notch! A little extra frosting AND sprinkles! I wish they had asked- I would have helped! :) And also- TOYS!!! Where are the toys?!


1 comment:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Why can I not look at the picture without making shlurping noises?