Thursday 13 May 2010

Stupid Grass.

You know how the grass is always greener where you are not? Or how all winter, everyone in NYC wants it to be summer so you can walk to the train sans a million layers and then summer hits and you are sweaty and disgusting and it smells and you just want it to be winter again?

That's about where Ripley and I are standing. For weeks now, I have wanted nothing but my normal, peppy, kooky puppy! And now that I have had her for several walks... I would like us to be on the other side of the fence. Not the sick side, I don't wanna go back to winter- I just want spring, maybe. A different patch of grass, perhaps.

Because walks have become TUGS! I continue to want to blame the steroid driven hunger but maybe it's time to get a little tough. Ripley now thinks tugs are an all-she-can-eat buffet. It doesn't help that apparently everyone in my neighborhood has forgotten how to use a garbage can. And Ripley is constantly on the hunt for goodies! I find myself shouting a running dialogue of: "NO! Leave it." and "NO! That's for the birdies." and "NO! Seriously, Ripley, I am going to punch you in the face." Sure, she does her business but Lordy- bread crusts, animal crackers, greasy napkins, q-tips, banana peels, mystery bits.... it is a constant tug-of-war for one of us- her to get to or me to pull her away! AAARRGGHHH!!

So, I am happy that my girl is getting her Prancy Pants back in her step. Her energy, her kookiness, her strength but I think it's time to crack the whip, close the buffet and make it work! The tug stops here! Fingers crossed, anyway....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh sweet puppy....
Did you try one of those halters that "supposedly" eliminates the tug???? Then there is always a choker chain collar~~~~of course she will need one that's solid gold.....good luck!oxoxoxo