Tuesday 8 July 2008

My Tide is High...


...of tolerance that is. For children on airplanes. And for me- airplane time is quiet time. I have no control, no one can reach me and as long as we don't die a fiery death or no one tries to be friends with me, I consider the flight tres successful! Airplane time is magazine time, it's book time, it's movie time, it's why the fuck can't I sleep time and when I hear a child cry (rare as I have acquired a fine set of Bose noise reducing headphones from Nannyland which I have on before we board) I think...
"I know how you feel kid". Maybe it is because I am a nanny but I don't mind kids on a plane. And they should be bored and cry. I am usually bored and want to cry.

But at take off and landing they are in their friggin' seats. No questions. I don't care if they don't want to be or how much they cry... they don't have the right to endanger me or distract the crew if I need one more cocktail!

And thus, I have no sympathy for the people that cannot control their children before a plane has even taken off. That kid a while back and now these people? Give me a fucking break. If it effected me on a more personal level, I would put you on my List. So, I say... you go Southwest. And don't feel bad that the kids have "issues". If they can't be controlled during takeoff then do not take them on a plane!! As a parent, your judgement should have come into play here and maybe you should have rented a car!

And what does the fucking kid have in that tank? A turtle? A hermit crab? I get my tweezers taken away and this kid gets to bring a small pet?

STAY HOME!

Thank you and have a lovely day!

No comments: